MediKredit’s Pharmaceutical Benefit Management (PBM) service, coupled with our integrated chronic medicine management programme, provides healthcare funder beneficiaries with access to clinically appropriate, cost-effective treatment.
This in turn ensures that expenditure on medicines is strictly managed to avoid unnecessary costs and/or utilisation for healthcare funder clients, including medical schemes, and their valued beneficiaries.
Key components of our PBM service include:
- Development and maintenance of evidence-based protocols
- Pharmacy Advised Therapy (PAT) and acute medicines management
- Pre-authorisation and Drug Utilisation Review (DUR) for chronic and high-cost medicines
- PBM application on medicine claims adjudication and management
- Reporting on a medical scheme’s performance related to PBM services
- Prescribed Minimum Benefit (PMB) compliance and management
- Flexible and customisable generic and therapeutic reference pricing systems