MediKredit is the originator and owner of the NAPPI® coding system. MediKredit is responsible for the allocation of all NAPPI® codes and the day-to-day maintenance of the NAPPI® product and price file.
MediKredit is responsible for the allocation of all NAPPI® codes and the day-to-day maintenance of the NAPPI® product and price file. MediKredit has the most comprehensive and up-to-date NAPPI® product and price file in the country.
MediKredit is therefore the front-runner in South Africa for the supply of NAPPI® product and price files and for the use of NAPPI® codes in various applications such as electronic claims adjudication, formulary development and maintenance, electronic protocol development and maintenance as well as clinical crosswalk development.
MediKredit has the following processes in place to ensure it has the most updated price file in the industry:
- Direct communication from the National Department of Health (NDoH) for product launches and price updates
- Weekly price comparisons with all key price file vendors
- Direct relationship management with manufacturers and suppliers
- Regular training across the country to manufacturers and suppliers
- Proactive price discrepancy monitoring